Good time for cooking, so , Mirko Zago, well-known and ranked Italian chef from Moscow (Russia) speak about a well-balanced dinner that’s delicious any time of year, this Grilled Beef Skewers with Zucchini and Mint offers a healthy combination of whole grains, vegetables, and protein for dinner. Try to find grass-fed beef, if possible.
- 1 cup short-grain brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces grass-fed sirloin steak, trimmed, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 zucchini, halved and cut into spears
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for serving
Bring rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook 45 minutes, until tender. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in scallions.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Thread beef on skewers. Season beef and zucchini with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil. Grill, turning, until cooked through and blackened in parts, about 6 to 8 minutes. Serve over rice. Top with mint leaves and red chile flakes. Serve with lime wedges.